What are the requirements for joining LanguaTalk as a tutor?
- We generally only accept tutors for teaching their native language. However, if you have a C2 level and a particularly strong application, we may make an exception (a C2 level means you know the language as well as a native, and you may need proof of this.)
- You'll need some experience teaching a language. We do not require qualifications, but they will certainly increase your chances of being accepted.
- You must be able to speak English, at least at B1 level (lower intermediate).
- You need a reliable internet connection, a microphone, and a webcam. Note that newer computers often have built-in microphones and webcams.Your internet connection must have a download/upload speed of at least 2Mbps. You can test it here.
- You must be 18 or over.
- Due to banking restrictions, we can only accept tutors with a bank account in one of the following countries:
Americas: United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Trinidad & Tobago
Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Asia Pacific, Middle East & other regions: Australia, Bangladesh, Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Gambia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Morocco, New Zealand, Niger, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates.