How do I send or update my payment details?
To provide or update your details for receiving payments, please message us via the '?' sign in the corner of the screen. Please write the details in the message rather than sending a document.
If you're sending us payment details for the first time, please do this when confirming you have completed all the other tasks in the checklist. Your profile won't go live until you send us payment details.
The bank account you provide should be in the country you told us you are living in when you completed the sign up form. So for example if you selected Germany, you need to give us a German bank account (the IBAN number would start with DE). The account must be in your name - if the name on the account is slightly different to the one you used when signing up to LanguaTalk, let us know to ensure there are no payment issues.
Below you can see the required details by country/region. You'll see that for certain countries in Latin America, Stripe also requires an ID number in order to meet international payment regulations. Please be assured that Stripe encrypts all data and is extremely secure.
- Europe (excluding UK): IBAN. (note: if you're in Switzerland, Czech Republic, Croatia or Iceland, you can only receive payments in Euros despite these countries having other currencies)
- UK: account number and sort code.
North & South America:
- Argentina: account number (CBU) and ID number (CUIT/CUIL). CBU is 22 characters, CUIL is at least 11.
- Bolivia: bank name, account number, and Cédula de Identidad (CI) (7 or 8 digit number)
- Brazil: bank name, branch code, account number. Note it must be a checking account based in Brazil, and according to Stripe, it must be a domiciled institution - see list of these here. To meet Brazilian regulations, you must also tell us your ID number (Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas (CPF, 11 digits) - please double check this as we cannot change it after it's added).
- Canada: Transit number, institution number and account number.
- Colombia: Bank name, account number and ID number (Cédula de Ciudadanía (CC)). The account must be a checking account, not a savings (ahorros) account, or payments will not work. We recommend Banco Davivienda as some tutors have had trouble with Bancolombia. Also, if you use Bancolombia, you must have Abono Automático turned on to receive payments from abroad. How to turn it on: 1) Open internet banking 2) Go to the international transfers section 3) Choose an account and reason for receiving money.
- Costa Rica: IBAN, and either your Cédula de Persona Física (CPF) or Cédula de Identidad (CI)
- Guatemala: SWIFT & IBAN codes, plus your Número de Identificación Tributaria (NIT)
- Mexico: Your legal name and CLABE.
- Peru: account number (CCI) and your Código Único de Identificación (CUI)
- Uruguay: bank code, account number, and Cédula de Identidad.
- US: account number, routing number, last 4 digits of your SSN (regulatory requirement)
Asia, Oceania and other regions:
- Australia: BSB number and account number.
- Egypt: Routing number ('SWIFT') and IBAN.
- Hong Kong: bank name, clearing code, branch name or branch code, and account number.
- Indonesia: bank name, bank code (3-4 digits), account number.
- Israel: IBAN
- Morocco: Routing number ('SWIFT') and IBAN.
- New Zealand: account number.
- Saudi Arabia: Routing number ('SWIFT') and IBAN.
- Singapore: bank code, branch code and account number.
- South Africa: Account number & BIC (otherwise called SWIFT or routing number). Note with South Africa, your earnings must be above 100 ZAR for Stripe to be able to send payment. If you are below this threshold, the payment may not be sent until the following month (contact us if you need it urgently and we'll find another way).
- South Korea: Name on account, SWIFT or BIC, account number, phone number.
- Taiwan: name on account, account number and SWIFT or BIC.
- Thailand: bank name, branch name (or number), and account number. Also please include your legal name in Thai script if you are a Thai national. Please specify first and last name. Note with Thai accounts, your earnings must be above 600 THB (around $17) to be able to send payment. If you are below this threshold, the payment cannot be sent until you go above this (usually the following month). This is due a limitation Stripe has with Thai accounts, it's not something we can control. If you need the money urgently, please message us and we'll work out a solution.
- Tunisia: IBAN.
- Turkey: SWIFT (or BIC) & IBAN.
If your country is not listed, please contact us. Whilst the above details are usually sufficient, Stripe, our payment provider, may at a later date ask for a document to confirm your identity.